- A business premise is required to obtain trade license from that concern state government authorities or Municipal Corporation where they are going to undertake the operation.
- In Trade license it gives an authority to carry out a certain business or trade.
- The main purpose is to ensure that a person is not engaged in unethical business operation and also to adhere to the laws and safety recommendations given by the government.
- One should obtain Trade license within 30 days of incorporation of business. This trade license could be obtained within 7 to 15 working days.
Who can apply:
- This Trade license is necessary for all traders that are involved in general trading activity.
- Online: in case of Chennai visit – chennaicorporation.gov.in
- Create log in and click create service request
- Select trade license and new register.
- An application form will display, fill the form and submit all the necessary documents
- An acknowledgment slip will be generated with register number.
- Once the register number is generated the details of the applicant shall be moved to the inbox of ARO of the field for site verification.
- After verification, ARO will submit the application before the Trade license committee headed by zonal officer.
- If the Trade license committee is satisfied that all norms are complied then payment order will be issued to the applicant and could make online payment through payment.
- Trade license will be issued through mail to the applicant. If the committee thinks the norms are not complied then the application will be rejected.
- PAN Number
- Aadhar card
- Identity proof and address proof
- Documents related to the building
- NOC from District fire officer, Pollution Control Board
- Certificate granted by inspector of factories
- Installation license – if the trade involves machinery then installation license should be obtained
- Passport size photo
- Affidavit declaring the location of trade in non judicial stamp of Rs. 20 also that they will adhere to the rules
8 to 10 days, depends on the document which is submitted.
- Increases credibility
- Better exposure to financial aid
- Increases good will in the market
- Ensure better sanitation with the organization
- Discourages unethical practice.