- The Tamil Nadu Shop and Establishment Act is a state legislation governing the proper functioning and conduct of businesses, within the state of Tamil Nadu. The Labour Department of the State is the department from which shop and establishment act registration is obtained. The shop and establishment act registration in the case of Small Scale Industry (SSI) or Micro, Small, Medium Enterprises (MSME) businesses in the unorganized sector, serve as a proof of existence of business.
- This act was enacted by various state government, to regulate the condition of the workers.
- The Tamil Nadu Shop and Establishment Act, defines the establishment as shop, commercial restaurant, theatre or other place of public amusement.
- Visit Tamil Nadu Labor Welfare Board, click online service and then establishment registration.
- Fill the details and a copy supporting documents has to be sent to Head Office and ESIC or EPFO.
- PAN Card of business
- Incorporation certificate
- Memorandum of Association (MOA)
- Article of Association (AOA)
- Form 18
- Form 32
- Identity proof of all directors
- Address proof of all directors
- Rental agreement (if applicable)
- Commercial address proof
- Challan / payment receipt / transaction receipt
5 to 10 business working days
- Ease of opening a current account.
- Hassle-free inspections.
- Ensure peace of mind for employer & employee.
- Enforce better wages and holiday management.
- Avoid unethical business practice.
- Promote Growth.
- Solidifies entity’s position in the market.